Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The frigate Constitution is shown at the Kittery Navy Yard on June 22, 1897.
The ship was at the yard from 1882-1897 and was used to house new Navy recruits. The barracks were built on top of the ship's hull.
About This Item
- Title: Frigate Constitution, Kittery Navy Yard, 1897
- Creation Date: 1897-06-22
- Subject Date: 1897-06-22
- Town: Kittery, Portsmouth
- County: Rockingham, York
- State: ME, NH
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 562
- Collection: Kittery Naval Yard photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Portsmouth Naval Shipyard (U.S.)--Photographs
- United States. Navy. Dormitories
- USS Constitution (Frigate)--1890-1900--Photographs
- USS Constitution (Frigate)--Photographs--19th century
- War ships
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.