Contributed by Maine Historical Society
- Item 11525
- print page
- download web image
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
"The luggage trunk on the rear platform is from the era when the trunk was literally a trunk. Also, these early automobiles usually had no front or rear bumpers as yet, as perhaps tailgating had not been invented or at least not practiced on the road."--Fletcher, David H. "The Portland Company 1846-1982." Charleston, S.C.: Arcadia Pub., 2002. 79.
About This Item
- Title: The Knox Touring Car, Portland Company, ca. 1909
- Creation Date: circa 1909
- Subject Date: circa 1909
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 22 cm x 17 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 242, Box 30/5
- Collection: Portland Company records
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Automobile dealers--Maine--Portland
- Knox automobiles--Photographs
- Automobile driving--Maine--Portland--Photographs
- Portland Company (Me.)--Manufacturers
- Manufacturing industry--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.