Contributed by Cary Library
A letter from Archibald Jones to Samuel Cook anticipating the conclusion of negotiations for the Webster-Ashburton Treaty.
The letter requests information concerning the best arrangements to be made for shipping on the Saint John River.
About This Item
- Title: Samuel Cook letter on U.S.-Canadian border, 1842
- Creator: Archibald Jones
- Creation Date: 1842-03-04
- Subject Date: circa 1842
- Houlton, Aroostook County, ME
- Frankfort, Waldo County, ME
- NB, Canada
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 24.5 cm x 19.5 cm
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Great Britain. Treaties, etc. United States, 1842 Aug. 9
- Saint John River (Me. and N.B.)
- New Brunswick--Boundaries--Maine
- Maine--Boundaries--New Brunswick
For more information about this item, contact:Cary Library
107 Main Street, Houlton, ME 04730
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.