Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This map was surveyed by Stephen Gatchell in 1763. Commissioned by the Pejepscot Proprietors, a land settlement proprietorship for the areas around Topsham and Brunswick, Maine in the 18th century. Map #19 probably assigned later by John McKeen, Clerk to the Company.
The map shows "Twelve Rod Rd." which is now Maine Street in Brunswick. The north side of the river is now part of Topsham, Maine. Also shown is Fort George.
About This Item
- Title: Map of Fort Land, Brunswick, 1763
- Creator: Gatchell, Stephen
- Creation Date: 1763-08-11
- Subject Date: 1763-08-11
- Town: Brunswick, Topsham
- County: Cumberland, Sagadahoc
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper, map
- Dimensions: 31 cm x 19 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 19
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Text and Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Forts & fortifications--Maine--Brunswick--Maps
- Land companies--Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land grants--Maine--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- Land settlement--Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps
- Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Pejepscot Proprietors--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Real property--Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Topsham (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.