Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Photo taken at very low tide (24 to 26 feet). The weir gate is open for unloading. Small row boats and dories are used at weirs that caught sardine herring.
About This Item
- Title: Unloading catches, Eastport, ca. 1930
- Creator: Fred G. Millikin
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: Eastport, Washington County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10 cm x 15 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1670, Env. 2
- Collection: Atlantic Fisherman correspondence, photographs, and news articles
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Fishing boats--Maine
- Fishing industry--Maine--Eastport--Photographs
- Fishing nets
- Fishing weirs--Maine--Eastport
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.