Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A color-and-ink-enhanced photograph from about 1880 shows of a carriage in front of the Wadsworth-Longfellow House in Portland.
Peleg Wadsworth built the brick house on what was then Back Street in 1785-86. His daughter and son-in-law, Zilpah and Stephen Longfellow, added the third story in 1815.
About This Item
- Title: Wadsworth-Longfellow House, Portland, ca. 1880
- Creation Date: circa 1880
- Subject Date: circa 1880
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 23 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2113, Box 1/8
- Collection: Wadsworth-Longfellow House image collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Authors, American
- Authors, Maine
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Maine Historical Society--History
- Pierce, Anne Longfellow, 1810-1901--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Wadsworth, Peleg, 1748-1829--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Portland, Me.)--History
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.