Contributed by Cary Library
A certificate of non-liability was a form issued to men who for a variety of reasons were not available for conscription for a specified number of years. In this case, Henry Chapman provided an accepted replacement.
About This Item
- Title: Certificate of non-liability for Civil War, Houlton, 1863
- Creator: Board of Enrollment
- Creation Date: 1863-09-01
- Subject Date: 1863-09-01
- Town: Bangor, Houlton
- County: Aroostook, Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Printed form
- Dimensions: 24.5 cm x 19.3 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Chapman, Henry C.--Records and correspondence
- Military service
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Exemption from service
For more information about this item, contact:Cary Library
107 Main Street, Houlton, ME 04730
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.