Contributed by Maine Historical Society
The Maine Teachers Association led a protest march on April 20, 1982, from the Ramada Inn in Bangor where they held their state assembly, to the University of Maine at Bangor Chancellor's office to protest stalled contract negotiations with 500 UMaine professional workers. MTA President Beth Suranovitch led the march.
About This Item
- Title: University of Maine workers protest, Bangor, 1982
- Creator: UPI
- Creation Date: 1982-04-20
- Subject Date: 1982-04-20
- Town: Bangor
- County: Penobscot
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 18 cm x 24 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 6/4
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Maine Teachers Association--Demonstrations--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.