Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for Westbrook Junior College at Stevens Avenue in Portland, ME, 1937–1950. The commission is associated with John Calvin Stevens II. This item is part of the Stevens Architects drawings and records collection.
The Westbrook Seminary was established in Portland, Me., in 1831. In 1933 the name was changed to Westbrook Junior College, and in 1970, to Westbrook College. It is currently the University of New England, Westbrook College Campus.
About This Item
- Title: Westbrook Junior College presentation drawings, Portland, 1937-1950
- Address: Stevens Avenue, Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Client: Westbrook Junior College
- Creation Date: 1937–1950
- Subject Date: 1937–1950
- Primary Architects: John Calvin Stevens II
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: floor plans; presentation drawings; elevations; site plans; sketches;
- Materials: graphite on tracing paper; ink on paper; watercolor on paper; hand coloring;
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 4-A-1
- Collection: Stevens Architects drawings and records collection
- Number of items in commission: 11
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Architectural drawing
- Junior colleges--Maine--Portland
- Universities and colleges--Maine--Portland
- Westbrook Junior College
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.