Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Various stores along Middle Street in Portland are shown at Christmas time in about 1912.
Frank M. Low men's clothing store on Monument Square later became A.H. Benoit Clothing.
Also in the photograph is H.H. Hay's lower drug store in the Flatiron Building where Free and Middle streets come together.
About This Item
- Title: Middle Street, Portland, ca. 1912
- Creation Date: circa 1912
- Subject Date: circa 1912
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 1923/80
- Collection: Photographs of Portland, Maine, businesses
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business districts--Maine--Portland
- Frank M. Low & Company
- H.H. Hays
- Middle Street (Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Stores, Retail--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.