Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for P.H.S. Athletic Association at Deering Avenue in Portland, ME, 1930. The commission is associated with John Calvin Stevens and John Howard Stevens Architects. This item is part of the Stevens Architects drawings and records collection.
This may possibly be a drawing of what is now Fitzpatrick Stadium, an outdoor stadium located between Interstate 295, Hadlock Field baseball stadium, and the Portland Exposition Building, the second oldest arena in continuous operation in the United States. It is located across the street from Deering Oaks. Formerly known as Portland Stadium, it was renamed in 1989 to honor James J. Fitzpatrick, one of the most respected figures in Maine athletic history.
About This Item
- Title: Portland High School athletic field, Portland, 1930
- Address: Deering Avenue, Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Client: P.H.S. Athletic Association
- Creation Date: 1930
- Subject Date: 1930
- Primary Architects: John Calvin Stevens and John Howard Stevens Architects
- Contributors: Percy H. Richardson
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: presentation drawings;
- Materials: ink on tracing paper;
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 3-A-1-02
- Collection: Stevens Architects drawings and records collection
- Number of items in commission: 1
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Architectural drawing
- Athletic fields--Maine--Portland
- Portland High School (Portland, Me.)
- Portland Exposition Building (Portland, Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.