Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for an unknown client at Forest Avenue in Portland, ME, 1895. The commission is associated with John Calvin Stevens. This item is part of the Stevens Architects drawings and records collection.
Riverton Park, established in Portland, Maine, in 1896, featured an outdoor amphitheater, croquet court, boat rides, a trout pond, a casino building by John Calvin Stevens, and scenic pathways.
About This Item
- Title: Riverton Park, Portland, 1895
- Address: Forest Avenue, Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Creation Date: 1895
- Subject Date: 1895
- Primary Architects: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: presentation drawings; sketches; floor plans;
- Materials: graphite on paper;
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 2-E-9-02
- Collection: Stevens Architects drawings and records collection
- Number of items in commission: 1
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.