Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for Town of Clinton at 53 Railroad Street in Clinton, ME, 1899–1903. The commission is associated with John Calvin Stevens. This item is part of the Stevens Architects drawings and records collection.
Other addresses include Winn Avenue in Clinton, ME.
Brown Memorial Library is the public library of Clinton, Maine. It is located in an architecturally distinguished 1899-1900 Richardsonian Romanesque building at 53 Railroad Street in the town center. It was donated to the town by William W. Brown, in honor of his parents. The building was designed by architect John Calvin Stevens and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975
About This Item
- Title: Brown Memorial Library, Clinton, 1903
- Address: 53 Railroad Street, Clinton, Kennebec County, ME
- Other Addresses:
- Winn Avenue, Clinton, Kennebec County, ME
- Client: Town of Clinton
- Creation Date: 1899–1903
- Subject Date: 1899–1903
- Primary Architects: John Calvin Stevens
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: elevations; presentation drawings; mechanical drawings; floor plans;
- Materials: ink on paper; ink on linen;
- Local Code: Coll. 209, 2-E-6-01
- Collection: Stevens Architects drawings and records collection
- Number of items in commission: 4
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Architectural drawing
- Brown Memorial Library (Clinton, Me.)
- Public libraries--Maine--Clinton
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.