Contributed by Maine Historical Society
About 100 people gathered in front of the Maine Statehouse June 30, 1981 to urge support of the Equal Rights Amendment, which Maine ratified in 1974. The national Constitutional amendment lacked ratification by three states.
About This Item
- Title: Supporting the ERA, Augusta, 1981
- Creator: Reiter, Jay
- Creation Date: 1981-06-30
- Subject Date: 1981-06-30
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 4/6
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Sex discrimination against women--Law and legislation
- Equal rights before the law
- Equal rights amendments
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.