Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Landscape commission for C. Graham Berwind at an unknown address in Mount Desert, ME, 1987. The commission is associated with Landscape Design Associates. This item is part of the Patrick Chassé landscape architecture collection.
Charles Graham Berwind, Jr., and his wife Sigrid were summer residents of Mount Desert Island, owning “Fortune Rock.” They also owned properties in Pennsylvania and Florida. Berwind was the former chairman, CEO and president of Berwind Group, a family owned investment management group.
About This Item
- Title: Planting plan and garden seat for Fortune Rock, Mount Desert, 1987
- Address: unknown, Mount Desert, Hancock County, ME
- Client: C. Graham Berwind
- Building Name: Berwind Residence
- Creation Date: 1987
- Subject Date: 1987
- Primary Architects: Landscape Design Associates
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: landscape drawing
- Media/Genre: site elements; planting plans; site plans
- Materials: acetate vellum; diazotype; graphite on tracing paper
- Local Code: Coll. 4180, 37-C-4
- Collection: Patrick Chassé landscape architecture collection
- Number of items in commission: 16
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.