Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Landscape commission for Mrs. G. H. Milliken at an unknown address in Bar Harbor, ME, 1924–1994. The commission is associated with Patrick Chasse, and Landscape Design Associates. This item is part of the Patrick Chassé landscape architecture collection.
Gerrish (1877-1947) and Agnes (1887-1970) Milliken, who owned a home in Northeast Harbor, known as “The Haven,” which had gardens created by Beatrix Farrand. Gerrish and Agnes' son Gerrish Milliken Jr. and his wife Phoebe owned property in Northeast Harbor.
About This Item
- Title: The Haven restoration plans, Bar Harbor, 1924-1994
- Address: unknown, Bar Harbor, Hancock County, ME
- Client: Mrs. G. H. Milliken
- Building Name: The Haven
- Creation Date: 1924–1994
- Subject Date: 1924–1994
- Primary Architects: Patrick Chasse; Landscape Design Associates
- Contributing Architects: Beatrix Farrand
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: landscape drawing
- Media/Genre: architectural elements; elevations; land surveys; planting plans; topographical maps; site plans
- Materials: ink on paper; diazotype; photocopy; acetate vellum; ink on tracing paper; hand coloring; ink on linen
- Local Code: Coll. 4180, 36-E-4
- Collection: Patrick Chassé landscape architecture collection
- Number of items in commission: 35
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.