Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This drawing of the Wadsworth-Longfellow House located at 489 Congress Street in Portland shows the entire house, store and a detail of a door.
This property served as the family home for the Peleg Wadsworth (1748-1829) and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807-1882) families.
About This Item
- Title: Drawing of house and door, Wadsworth-Longfellow House, Portland, ca. 1920
- Creator: Schneider, S
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1800
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 26 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2113, Box 1/7
- Collection: Wadsworth-Longfellow House image collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Maine Historical Society--History
- Pierce, Anne Longfellow, 1810-1901--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Wadsworth, Peleg, 1748-1829--Homes and haunts--Maine--Portland
- Wadsworth-Longfellow House (Portland, Me.)--History
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.