Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for J.B. Brown & Sons at Free Street in Portland, ME, circa 1914. The commission is associated with John P. Thomas. This item is part of the John Pickering Thomas architectural drawings collection.
J.B. Brown & Sons of Portland, Me., was the successor to J.B. Brown Company, a private banking house founded by John Bundy Brown, who later became involved in real estate.
About This Item
- Title: Contemplated building for J.B. Brown & Sons, Portland, ca. 1914
- Address: Free Street, Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Client: J.B. Brown & Sons
- Building Name: J.B. Brown & Sons apartments
- Subject Date: circa 1914
- Primary Architects: John P. Thomas
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: floor plans; elevations
- Materials: graphite on tracing paper; graphite on paper
- Local Code: Coll. 819, Folder 09
- Collection: John Pickering Thomas architectural drawings collection
- Number of items in commission: 8
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.