Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for Henry P. Cox at 233 Western Promenade in Portland, ME, circa 1898. The commission is associated with Frederick A. Tompson. This item is part of the Frederick A. Tompson architectural drawings collection.
According to the Portland City Directory for 1899, Henry P. Cox was president of A. F. Cox & Son shoe factory. Cox was one of Portland's more prominent citizens and successful businessman.
About This Item
- Title: Residence for Henry P. Cox, Western Promenade, Portland, ca. 1898
- Address: 233 Western Promenade, Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Client: Henry P. Cox
- Building Name: Henry P. Cox house
- Creation Date: circa 1898
- Subject Date: circa 1898
- Primary Architects: Frederick A. Tompson
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: floor plans; elevations; architectural elements; foundation plans; site plans; structural elements; cross sections
- Materials: ink on linen
- Local Code: Coll. 818, Folder 52
- Collection: Frederick A. Tompson architectural drawings collection
- Number of items in commission: 28
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.