Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for an unknown client at Deering Oaks Park in Portland, ME, 1894. The commission is associated with Frederick A. Tompson. This item is part of the Frederick A. Tompson architectural drawings collection.
Also known as the Castle at Deering Oaks Park, it was a warming hut for ice skaters in the winter.
About This Item
- Title: Waiting room at Deering Oaks Park, Portland, 1894
- Address: Deering Oaks Park, Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Building Name: Waiting room at Deering Park
- Creation Date: 1894
- Subject Date: 1894
- Primary Architects: Frederick A. Tompson
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: elevations; floor plans; sketches; cross sections; foundation plans
- Materials: ink on linen; hand coloring
- Local Code: Coll. 818, Folder 06
- Collection: Frederick A. Tompson architectural drawings collection
- Number of items in commission: 6
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.