Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Maine Senator George Mitchell, left, First Lady Rosalyn Carter, and Governor Joseph Brennan, share a laugh at the annual Jefferson-Jackson Day dinner in Lewiston, October 27, 1980. Mrs. Carter was in Maine promoting the re-election bid of her huband, President Jimmy Carter.
Willman worked for United Press Interational, a wire service that provided news and photographs to various organizations.
About This Item
- Title: Democrats share laugh, Lewiston, 1980
- Creator: Willman, Gene
- Creation Date: 1980-10-27
- Subject Date: 1980-10-27
- Town: Lewiston
- County: Androscoggin
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 3/4
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Carter, Rosalyn--Photographs
- Jefferson-Jackson Day Dinner (Lewiston, Me.)
- Democratic Party--Maine
- Presidents--United States--Nomination
- Dinners and dining--Maine--Lewiston
- Presidential campaigns
- Mitchell, George--Photographs
- Brennan, Joseph--Photographs
- Kennebec Journal
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.