Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A photographer captured Maine Yankee Nuclear Power Plant in Wiscasset on September 22, 1980, the day before a referendum vote to halt nuclear power production in the state. The Sheepscot River is in the foreground. The referendum was defeated.
About This Item
- Title: Maine Yankee Nuclear Power Plant, 1980
- Creator: UPI
- Creation Date: 1980-09-22
- Subject Date: 1980-09-22
- Town: Wiscasset
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 3/3
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Kennebec Journal
- Maine Yankee Atomic Power Plant (Wiscasset, Me.)--Photographs
- Nuclear power plants--Maine--Wiscasset
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.