Contributed by Maine Historical Society
A photographer captured Maine Yankee Nuclear Power Plant in Wiscasset on September 22, 1980, the day before a referendum vote to halt nuclear power production in the state. The Sheepscot River is in the foreground. The referendum was defeated.
About This Item
- Title: Maine Yankee Nuclear Power Plant, 1980
- Creator: UPI
- Creation Date: 1980-09-22
- Subject Date: 1980-09-22
- Town: Wiscasset
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Coll. 1880, Box 3/3
- Collection: United Press International collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Kennebec Journal
- Maine Yankee Atomic Power Plant (Wiscasset, Me.)--Photographs
- Nuclear power plants--Maine--Wiscasset
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.