Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Architecture commission for Dominican Fathers; French Catholic Society at Lincoln Street in Dominican Block; St Peters School, Lewiston, ME, 1881–1886. The commission was primarily designed by George M. Coombs, and Coombs Bros. Architects. This item is part of the Coombs Brothers architectural drawings collection.
Other addresses listed are Bates Street; Chestnut Street in Dominican Block; St Peters School, Lewiston, ME.
About This Item
- Title: Sketch of proposed building for French Catholic Society, Lewiston, 1881-1886
- Address: Lincoln Street, Dominican Block; St Peters School, Lewiston, Androscoggin County, ME
- Other Addresses:
- Bates Street; Chestnut Street, Dominican Block; St Peters School, Lewiston, Androscoggin County, ME
- Owner at time of commission: Dominican Fathers; French Catholic Society
- Building Name: Dominican Block and Dominican Fathers' schools
- Creation Date: 1881–1886
- Subject Date: 1881–1886
- Primary Architects: George M. Coombs; Coombs Bros. Architects
- Object Type: Text and Image
- Subtype: architectural drawing
- Media/Genre: elevations; floor plans; foundation plans; architectural elements; cross sections; structural elements
- Materials: watercolor on paper; ink on linen; ink on paper; hand coloring
- Local Code: Coll.239, C-158
- Collection: Coombs Brothers architectural drawings collection
- Number of items in commission: 55
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.