Contributed by Mantor Library at UMF
On May 17, 1918, Farmington Normal School students, with bedrolls in hand, prepared to board the wagon to Clearwater Pond for Class Day.
The annual celebration was a graduation tradition at the college for many years. The students camped overnight and hiked, swam, and went boating.
About This Item
- Title: Students boarding a wagon, Farmington Normal School, 1918
- Creation Date: 1918-05-17
- Subject Date: 1918-05-17
- Location: Farmington, Franklin County, ME
- Media: Photographic image
- Dimensions: 6 cm x 10.4 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- College students--Maine--Farmington
- Farmington State Normal School (Me.)
- Farmington State Teachers College (Me.)
- University of Maine Farmington--History
- Class Day
- Clearwater Pond
- Farmington State Normal School
- gym uniforms
- sleeping bags
- University of Maine at Farmington
For more information about this item, contact:Mantor Library at UMF
University of Maine at Farmington, 116 South Street, Farmington, ME 04938
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.