Contributed by Frye Island Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Blount Marine in Warren, Rhode Island built the Leisure Lady ferry in 1968. The captain and mate slept in a trailer on the mainland. Ferry service operated 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The ferry ride took 7 minutes to and from Rubb Cove on Raymond Cape to the north end of Frye Island.
About This Item
- Title: Ferry leaving Frye Island, ca. 1970
- Creation Date: circa 1970
- Subject Date: circa 1970
- Location: Frye Island, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 2.5 cm x 3.8 cm
- Collection: Frye Island Historical Photos: Ferries and Landings
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Frye Island Historical Society
1 Sunset Road, Frye Island, ME 04071
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.