Contributed by Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
It was given as a wedding gift by Walton Haase, Gunther Magdeburg and Gerhard Nowitsky, German POWs, to John D. (Don) Willard, a Camp Houlton guard, and Marion Corneil, August 31, 1945.
About This Item
- Title: German POW painting, Houlton, 1945
- Creation Date: 1945
- Subject Date: 1945
- Location: Houlton, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Oil painting
- Dimensions: 40.4 cm x 30.2 cm
- Object Type: Physical Object
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Concentration camps--Maine--Houlton
- Prisoners of war--German--Maine--Houlton
- Still life paintings
- United States. Army--Facilities--Maine--Houlton
- World War, 1939-1945--Prisoners
For more information about this item, contact:Aroostook County Historical and Art Museum
109 Main Street, Houlton, ME 04730
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.