Contributed by Penobscot Marine Museum
Before the Carlton Bridge was completed in 1929, anyone wanting to travel between Woolwich and Bath, on the far shore, had to take the ferry across.
The Ferry was the only way for students who attended Morse High School in Bath to get there and for fire trucks from the City of Bath to get to Woolwich in an emergency.
About This Item
- Title: People's Ferry, Woolwich, ca. 1910
- Creator: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Co.
- Creation Date: circa 1910
- Subject Date: circa 1910
- Location: Woolwich, Sagadahoc County, ME
- Media: Glass Plate Negative
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Local Code: LB2007.1.103090
- Collection: Eastern Illustrating & Publishing Co.
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Penobscot Marine Museum
PO Box 498, 5 Church Street, Searsport, ME 04974
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.