Contributed by Presque Isle Historical Society
This photo was taken in 1920, when Presque Isle celebrated the 100th anniversary of settlement.
The Bolton Block in the center of the photo was built in the 1890s and burned sometime in the 1930s. It was rebuilt with a similar architectural flavor as the original but without the turret. It again burned in 1943.
The last fire also took the life of Billy Bolton who was part owner of the building and whose father had built it.
About This Item
- Title: State and Main, Presque Isle, 1920
- Creator: Presque Isle Historical Society
- Creation Date: 1920-09-20
- Subject Date: 1920-09-20
- Local Name: Bolton Block
- Town: Presque Isle
- County: Aroostook
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.06 cm x 13.524 cm
- Collection: Presque Isle Historical Society
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Presque Isle Historical Society
PO Box 285, Presque Isle, ME 04769
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Presque Isle (Me.)--Views
- Streets--Maine--Presque Isle
- Main Street (Presque Isle, Me.)
- Centenniel celebrations--Maine--Presque Isle
- Presque Isle (Me.)--Description and views
- State Street (Presque Isle, Me.)
- Bolton Block
- Centennial celebrations
- Main Street
- State Street
- The Maine State Centennial
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.