Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
The Pumgustuk Fire Company of Yarmouth is shown with their hand pumpers and band members. The pumper "Pumgustuck" was purchased in 1856 and retired in 1928. Residents voted at a town meeting in March 1886 to organize a fire engine company. Thirty to forty men comprised the Pumgustuck company.
About This Item
- Title: Pumgustuk Fire Company, Yarmouth, ca. 1900
- Creation Date: circa 1900
- Subject Date: circa 1900
- Town: Yarmouth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Photographs--OS--Box 10--Towns
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Bands (Music)--Maine--Yarmouth
- Fire departments--Maine--Yarmouth
- Pumgustuk Fire Company (Yarmouth, Me.)--Employees
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.