Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
From left are members of the confirmation class of the Finnish Church of South Thomaston, Wilja Anderson, Mrs. John F. Henio, Jenny Leppainen, Rev. John F. Henio, Ida Harjula, Viilho Pasanen, and Leila Rahkonen.
Immigrants from Finland first arrived in the Thomaston area in the 1890s and worked in granite quarries, then turned to farming.
About This Item
- Title: Finnish Church confirmation class, South Thomaston, 1933
- Creator: Rockland Photo Studio
- Creation Date: 1933
- Subject Date: 1933
- Town: South Thomaston
- County: Knox
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Photographs--OS--Box 2
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Anderson, Wilja--Photographs
- Finnish Americans--Maine--South Thomaston
- Finnish Church (South Thomaston, Me.)
- Group portraits
- Harjula, Ida--Photographs
- Leppainen, Jenny--Photographs
- Pasanen, Vilho--Photographs
- Rahkonen, Leila--Photographs
- Sunday schools--Maine--South Thomaston
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.