Contributed by Monson Historical Society
Members of the train crew have the engine fired up as two little boys are torn between listening to Mom or viewing the engine. The conductor is standing in the doorway as crew members ready the Monson Narrow Gauge for a run to Monson Jct. The railroad operated from 1883 until the 1940's.
About This Item
- Title: View of Monson Station with engine and passenger car
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: Monson, Piscataquis County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 14.60 cm x 17.14 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Monson Railroad Company (Me.)--Employees
- Railroad stations--Maine--Monson
- Monson Narrow Gauge train
- Monson railroad station
- passenger train
- railroad wood storage building
- steam engine
For more information about this item, contact:Monson Historical Society
PO Box 308, Monson, ME 04464
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.