Contributed by Abbot Historical Society
Twin covered bridges span the Piscataquis River in Upper Abbot with the Excelsior Mill in the background. On May 24, 1906, the Excelsior Mill burned, taking one twin bridge with it. The mill and bridge were rebuilt, but both were again destroyed by fire in April of 1917.
About This Item
- Title: Twin Covered Bridges, Abbot
- Creation Date: circa 1906
- Subject Date: circa 1906
- Local Name: Abbot-Maine
- Town: Abbot
- County: Piscataquis
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 16.91 cm x 24.76 cm
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Covered bridges--Maine--Abbot
- Twin covered bridges (Abbot, Me.)--Photographs
- Piscataquis River (Me.)
- Excelsior Mill (Abbot, Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Abbot Historical Society
PO Box 173, Guilford, ME 04443
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.