Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A Spanish villa style home at 140 Clifford Street, South Portland, is part of the Sylvan Site development created in the 1920s by Frederick Wheeler Hinckley. The photograph by Walter Fenley was hand tinted. Directions to the painter noted "house salmon color" and "chimney same as house."
About This Item
- Title: Spanish villa, 140 Clifford Street, South Portland, c. 1920s
- Creator: Walter H. Fenley
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Location: South Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 17 cm x 27 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 446, Box 1/37
- Collection: Sylvan Site photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Sylvan Site (South Portland, Me.)--Photographs
- Dwellings--Maine--South Portland
- Housing, Single family--Maine--South Portland
- Housing development--Maine--South Portland
- Housing developers
- Real estate development--Maine--South Portland
- Land subdivision--Maine--South Portland
- Clifford Street (South Portland, Me.)
- Hinckley, Frederick Wheeler, 1878-1933
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.