Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A hand-tinted photograph taken in the 1920s shows the gardens behind Frederick Hinckley's Clyfdale Villa, 925 Sawyer Street, in the Sylvan Site development, South Portland.
The model community was designed by Frederick Wheeler Hinckley in the 1920s.
About This Item
- Title: Garden, Sylvan Site, South Portland, ca. 1920s
- Creator: Fenley, Walter
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Sylvan Site
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 19 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 446, Box 1/8
- Collection: Sylvan Site photographs
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Dwellings--Maine--South Portland
- Gardens--Maine--South Portland
- Hinckley, Frederick Wheeler, 1878-1933
- Housing developers
- Housing development--Maine--South Portland
- Housing, Single family--Maine--South Portland
- Land subdivision--Maine--South Portland
- Real estate development--Maine--South Portland
- Sylvan Site (South Portland, Me.)--Photographs
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.