Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A colonial revival house at 14 Adelbert Street is part of the Sylvan Site development in South Portland that was designed by Frederick Wheeler Hinckley in the 1920s.
The home was owned originally by Dr. Waldo T. Skillin, a Portland-area physician for whom Skillin School on Westcott Street is named.
About This Item
- Title: Sylvan Site house, 14 Adelbert St., South Portland, ca. 1920s
- Creator: Fenley, Walter
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Local Name: Sylvan Site
- Town: South Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 446, Box 1/7
- Collection: Sylvan Site photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Adelbert Street (South Portland, Me.)
- Dwellings--Maine--South Portland
- Hinckley, Frederick Wheeler, 1878-1933
- Housing developers
- Housing development--Maine--South Portland
- Housing, Single family--Maine--South Portland
- Land subdivision--Maine--South Portland
- Real estate development--Maine--South Portland
- Sylvan Site (South Portland, Me.)--Photographs
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.