Contributed by Brick Store Museum
The schooner Golden Ball was built in the David Clark shipyard at Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1890.
The photograph shows the Golden Ball on it launching day, 31 July 1890, being warped through the bridge that spanned the Kennebunk River between Kennebunk Lower Village and Kennebunkport.
Launchings were cause for celebration and many turned out to watch, as is clear in this photograph.
About This Item
- Title: Schooner Golden Ball at the bridge, Kennebunkport, 1890
- Creator: Houdlette, A. B.
- Creation Date: 1890
- Subject Date: 1890
- Town: Kennebunkport
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 11.3 cm x 19.6 cm
- Local Code: Morgan II-68.1
- Collection: Charles Morgan Collection
- Object Type: Image
For more information about this item, contact:Brick Store Museum
117 Main Street, Kennebunk, ME 04043
Cross Reference Searches
LC Subject Headings
- Golden Ball (Sailing ship)
- Ships Launching--Maine--Kennebunkport
- David Clark Shipyard (Kennebunkport, Me.)--Employees
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.