Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Students at Chapman School in Portland line up for a patriotic demonstration, replete with American flags, probably in the early 1920s.
The demonstration probably was part of an Americanization class in which immigrants or children of immigrants were taught about American civic life, American culture, and English.
About This Item
- Title: Chapman School patriotism, Portland, ca. 1920
- Creation Date: circa 1920
- Subject Date: circa 1920
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Local Code: Photographs--Portland Schools--Lincoln Jr., Emerson, Chapman, Reed
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Chapman School (Portland, Me.)--Students
- School children--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
The copyright and related rights status of this item have not been evaluated. Please contact the contributing repository for more information.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.