Contributed by Westport Island History Committee
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A 1952 Buick was parked at Herb Cromwell's store in its heyday in the 1920s. Groceries, sundries, cigarettes and gas were available at Herb's store; takeout lunches and snacks were available at the adjacent snack bar run by his daughter Virginia.
About This Item
- Title: Herb Cromwell's Store and Ginny's Snack Bar, Westport Island, ca. 1955
- Creation Date: circa 1955
- Subject Date: circa 1955
- Town: Westport Island
- County: Lincoln
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 8.9 cm x 12.5 cm
- Collection: Frank and Phoebe Cromwell Collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Automobile service stations--Maine--Westport Island
- Automobiles--Maine--Westport Island
- Grocery stores--Maine--Westport Island
- Stores & shops--Maine--Westport Island
For more information about this item, contact:Westport Island History Committee
6 Fowles Point Road, Westport Island, ME 04578
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.