Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Manuscript map #2 of Mare Point, Brunswick commissioned by the Pejepscot Purchase Company, 1717. The full map title includes, ..."lots on Mare Point assigned to Wentworth and Minot." The geographic area of this map is now called Merepoint in Brunswick. A note laid on the map describes that the surveyor, Col. Heath, failed to survey equal lots for Minot and Wentworth, both owners of the company and full shareholders, and that it should be redone to avoid any unnecessary dispute.
About This Item
- Title: Mare Point, Brunswick, 1717
- Creator: Heath, Joseph
- Creation Date: 1717
- Subject Date: 1717
- Town: Brunswick
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Ink on paper
- Dimensions: 46 cm x 32 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 61, Map 2
- Collection: Proprietors of the Township of Brunswick Pejepscot Proprietors papers
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Brunswick (Me.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land companies--Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land grants--Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Land settlement--Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Maine--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Manuscript maps
- Pejepscot Proprietors--Maps--Early works to 1800
- Real property--Maine--Maps--Early works to 1800
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.