Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Women from around the country attended the 1925 National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs Convention, held in Portland.
On July 18th, the last day of the convention, the delegates attended an outing to Old Orchard Beach. The day at the seaside resort town was called "Prankfest," and consisted of dancing and local attractions, including the "Caterpillar" ride at Palace Playland.
About This Item
- Title: NFBPWC delegates ride the "Caterpillar" at Old Orchard Beach, 1925
- Creation Date: 1925-07-18
- Subject Date: 1925-07-18
- Local Name: Palace Playland
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: glass negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.10978
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Amusement parks--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
- National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs
- Palace Playland (Old Orchard Beach)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.