Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
On July 18, 1925, the final day of the National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs (NFBPWC) convention, a party was held for the attendees at Old Orchard Beach. Termed the "Prankfest," the celebration featured dancing, performances by different delegations, and carnival rides.
The Palace Ball Room was "full to bursting," as almost 2,000 women crowded the event.
Delegates from Kansas posed on the beach in their tell-tale party-hats.
About This Item
- Title: Kansas delegation of NFBPWC convention, Old Orchard Beach, 1925
- Creation Date: 1925-07-18
- Subject Date: 1985-07-18
- Town: Old Orchard Beach
- County: York
- State: ME
- Media: glass negative
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.10969
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business and Professional Women/USA
- National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs
- Parties--Maine--Old Orchard Beach
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.