Contributed by Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
Cheerleading for both men and women has been a popular extracurricular activity for public high schoolers for many years. Although it is a female dominated sport, men have also been known to create male cheerleading groups as well. Cheerleading is most often performed at football games, where the crowd is meant to be as loud as possible.
About This Item
- Title: Deering High School cheerleaders, ca. 1930
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: Portland, Cumberland County, ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Local Code: Coll. 1949, 2005.061.400.1
- Collection: Portland Press Herald glass negative collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Deering High School (Portland, Me.)
- High school students--Maine--Portland
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society/MaineToday Media
489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please send us a message with this link.