Contributed by Yarmouth Historical Society
Onlookers inspected the aftermath of a fire at Bernstein's Department Store in Yarmouth on July 13, 1913. The store was located on Main Street, across from South Street.
After the fire, owner Robert Bernstein reopened his store in a new location across the street and remained in business until 1928.
About This Item
- Title: Aftermath of fire at Bernstein's Store, Yarmouth, 1913
- Creator: Corliss, F. M.
- Creation Date: 1913-07-13
- Subject Date: 1913-07-13
- Local Name: Yarmouthville
- Town: Yarmouth
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 20 cm x 25 cm
- Local Code: Coll 21, Box 9, Folder 2
- Collection: Yarmouth Photographs
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Department stores--Maine--Yarmouth
- Stores, Retail--Photographs
- Yarmouth (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Yarmouth Historical Society
118 East Elm St., PO Box 107, Yarmouth, ME 04096
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.