Contributed by Biddeford Mills Museum
On May 1st, 1899, the Pepperell Manufacturing Company and the Laconia Company sent a letter to stockholders notifying them that the directors felt the two large company should become one company, because they shared so many things in common. Their arguments for consolidation included saved expenses and efficiency.
About This Item
- Title: Letter to the stockholders of Pepperell Manufacturing Co. and Laconia Co., 1899
- Creator: Pepperell Manufacturing Co. and Laconia Co.
- Creation Date: 1899-05-01
- Subject Date: 1899-05-01
- Location: Biddeford, York County, ME
- Media: text on paper
- Dimensions: 20.3 cm x 27.9 cm
- Local Code: 671
- Object Type: Text
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Biddeford (Me.)
- Pepperell Manufacturing Company
- Saco River (Me.)
- Textile industry--Maine--Biddeford
For more information about this item, contact:Biddeford Mills Museum
2 Main Street, Suite 18-108, Biddeford, ME 04005
The copyright status is unknown to the contributing organization.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.