Contributed by Oakfield Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
A Bangor and Aroostook Railroad freight train in Oakfield Junction yard. A switch lantern can be seen in the foreground. Switch lanterns burned continuously and were refilled with lantern oil about four time a week by section men. To see a switch lantern go to MMN # 10419.
About This Item
- Title: Bangor and Aroostook Railroad freight train in Oakfield Junction yard
- Creator: Richard W. Sprague
- Creation Date: circa 1930
- Subject Date: circa 1930
- Location: Oakfield, Aroostook County, ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 10.4 cm x 16.5 cm
- Collection: Richard Sprague
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
For more information about this item, contact:Oakfield Historical Society
PO Box 176, Oakfield, ME 04763
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.