Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
John Mahoney served in Co. B, 7th Maine Regiment and the 1st Veteran Infantry during the Civil War. He died on October 14, 1870, at the age of 27. His brother Daniel served in the 19th Maine.
About This Item
- Title: John Mahoney of Augusta, ca. 1863
- Creation Date: circa 1863
- Subject Date: circa 1863
- Town: Augusta
- County: Kennebec
- State: ME
- Media: Tintype
- Dimensions: 5.1 cm x 6.3 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 2003, Box 2/9
- Collection: Early photography collection
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Portraits
- United States. Army. Maine Infantry Regiment, 7th (1861-1864). Company B
- United States. Army. Maine Veteran Infantry Regiment, 1st (1864-1865)
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.