Contributed by Maine Historical Society
Purchase a reproduction of this item on VintageMaineImages.com.
This quarter plate tintype, of a man sitting on a horse-drawn wagon in front of the H. M. Fiske store, was printed in reverse. The business sign reads "H.M. Fiske," a dry goods store operated by Horace M. Fiske in North Waterford. In addition to the dry goods business, Mr. Fiske was also active in animal husbandry.
About This Item
- Title: H.M. Fiske drygoods store, North Waterford, ca. 1865
- Creation Date: circa 1865
- Subject Date: circa 1865
- Local Name: North Waterford
- Town: Waterford
- County: Oxford
- State: ME
- Media: Tintype
- Dimensions: 8.3 cm x 10.8 cm
- Local Code: 2013.171
- Collection: Vickery-Shettleworth collection of early Maine photography
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Business enterprises--Maine--North Waterford
- Dry-goods--Maine--North Waterford
- H. M. Fiske
- Horse-drawn vehicles--Maine--North Waterford
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.