Contributed by Maine Historical Society
President Theodore Roosevelt and Thomas Brackett Reed at Reed's home on August 26, 1902. Roosevelt gave a speech there that acknowledged Reed for his work as the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives.
Thomas B. Reed served as Speaker of the House from 1889-1891 and 1895-1899. Reed died just a few months after this photograph was taken.
About This Item
- Title: President Theodore Roosevelt and Thomas Brackett Reed at 32 Deering Street, Portland, 1902
- Creator: Coffin, Carl C.
- Creation Date: 1902-08-26
- Subject Date: 1902-08-26
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Glass Negative
- Dimensions: 10.2 cm x 12.7 cm
- Local Code: Coll. 426, Box 28a/20
- Collection: Carl C. Coffin glass plate negatives
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Presidents--United States
- United States. Congress. House--Speakers.
- Visits of State--Maine
For more information about this item, contact:Maine Historical Society
485 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207) 774-1822 x230
Use of this Item is not restricted by copyright and/or related rights, but the holding organization is contractually obligated to limit use. For more information, please contact the contributing organization. However, watermarked Maine Memory Network images may be used for educational purposes.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.