Contributed by Mercy Hospital
The Mercy Hospital School of Nursing operated from 1920 to 1987, and educated over 2,300 nurses. After six months of study, preclinical training culminated in the awarding of a distinctive training cap, presented at a formal ceremony.
About This Item
- Title: Capping ceremony at Mercy Hospital School of Nursing, Portland, ca. 1980
- Creator: Mercy Hospital
- Creation Date: circa 1980
- Subject Date: circa 1980
- Town: Portland
- County: Cumberland
- State: ME
- Media: Photographic print
- Dimensions: 12.7 cm x 17.8 cm
- Collection: Mercy Hospital Historic Archive
- Object Type: Image
Cross Reference Searches
Standardized Subject Headings
- Catholic Church. Diocese of Portland (Me.)
- Health care personnel--Maine--Portland
- Health education
- Medical education
- Mercy Hospital (Portland, Me.)
- Sisters of Mercy.
- Class Photo
- Nursing Care
- Nursing Education
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Portland (Me.)
For more information about this item, contact:Mercy Hospital
144 State Street, Portland, ME 04101
This Item is protected by copyright and/or related rights. No Permission is required to use the low-resolution watermarked image for educational use, or as allowed by the applicable copyright. For all other uses, permission is required.
More to Consider
Please post your comment below to share with others. If you'd like to privately share a comment or correction with MMN staff, please use this form.